Friday, April 11, 2014

First Time

April 5th, 2014. The day I found out I was pregnant. My husband and I had been trying since December before I got a modeling contract. Immediately upon signing we quit trying. Apparently, the deed had already been done.

Was I surprised? Of course! I'd been peeing on a stick for 4 months with no results (which is far less time than most women I realize but I'm not the most patient person).

Was I upset? Not at all... Okay a little. I'd just signed a modeling contract and was planning on spending the next year traveling to some cool places in the United States. Now, I'll only be spending the next couple months until I start to show.

Was I excited? Beyond belief. I peed on this little stick I'd bought at the last minute while checking out of Dollar General and within seconds it showed positive. I stared at it for a good 5 minutes before it settled in. Then, I spent the next 3 hours trying to contact my husband. :-)

My first appointment is in a couple days but so far my math shows I'm 6 weeks today. Feeling a little nauseous and definitely having cravings but otherwise, I'm in tip top shape...

Except this exhaustion I keep feeling.. About that nap I need..


No comments:

Post a Comment